Summer is in full swing, and it’s time to enjoy the refreshing tastes of summertime. What better way than with an ice-cold, refreshing cocktail? Even if summer has long bid goodbye in your area, a refreshing drink is hard to go wrong with. It will not only hydrate your very being but also help you socialize on a Saturday night. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a refreshing beverage at brunch or after a good run. Trust us; a refreshing drink is always an excellent fix for anything.
From a classic mojito to a refreshing margarita, there are plenty of options for everyone! Whether you’re hosting an outdoor party or just want to cool off after mowing the lawn, these summer cocktails are sure to please.
Best Refreshing Summer Cocktails for 2023
The mojito is one of the most iconic summer cocktails. It’s perfect for a hot day and can be made easily at home with ingredients from your pantry! With just five ingredients: sugar syrup, rum, lime juice (or lemon), mint leaves, and club soda, it’s an easy-to-make refreshing drink perfect for any occasion!
All it takes are three simple steps: muddle fresh mint leaves (or sugar cane) into white rum or tequila until all pieces have been broken up, add lime juice to taste; then fill the glass half full ice cubes before topping with club soda water – giving yourself just enough time to put on some tunes while letting them get cold. If that left you confused, don’t worry, you can find the recipe below!
- Fresh mint
- Lime juice
- Simple syrup
- Soda water/Sparkling Water
- Muddle mint in a cocktail shaker or large bowl with a wooden cocktail muddler. Be careful not to smash the mint completely. It is vital to use less force when it comes to muddling.
- Pour over the Lime juice and rum over the muddled mint.
- Add simple syrup to taste.
- Shake well in a cocktail shaker.
- Top off with soda water and serve!
Aperol is a classic Italian drink that has become fairly popular in the United States. When it’s hot outside, nothing beats the refreshing taste of an Aperol spritz. It has just as much alcohol in it as other mixed drinks but is light and fizzy on your tongue because of its sparkling water base instead of juice, making for one perfect drink to cool down with at sunset after some time spent lounging poolside or out by the beach.
Aperol Spritz Recipe:
- Sparkling wine or champagne
- Soda water
- Orange wedge
- Pour 2 oz Aperol into a glass with ice. Use clear ice for more aesthetic results
- Add in 3 ounces of the sparkling wine and 1 ounce of soda water
- Squeeze in a few drops of orange and stick a wedge on your glass for the aesthetic.
Pina Colada is my favorite drink of all time because it reminds me of going to the beach with friends on a lazy Sunday afternoon, sipping drinks in our hammock. They are perfect for those hot summer days when you’re feeling a little too sweaty.
The refreshing tropical flavors will give your taste buds the refreshment they need and crave after an intense workout or long day at work. There are always one or two Pina Coladas waiting in my fridge at any given time; they’re easy to make and so versatile that it isn’t much you can’t pair them with!
Pina Colada Recipe:
- 1.5 cups ice
- half cup frozen pineapples
- Two 0z pineapple juice
- 2 oz coconut cream
- 1.5 oz white rum
- 1 oz dark rum
- pineapple slices to garnish
- Add all ingredients except the lemon slices to a blender and blend away!
- Pour the drink in a clear glass
- Garnish with pineapple slices and serve!
The margarita is one of my most loved drinks because it is so refreshing and delicious. The salt on your lips helps you get rid of any leftover thirst from dehydration, while lime adds just enough tartness to make sure that this cocktail isn’t too sweet or cloying like many others out there. It has such a refreshing mouthfeel too!
The first sip always takes me back to some fun times with friends at our favorite bar last summer when we were out catching up after not seeing each other for months because life got in the way – but now those moments are captured forever in memory thanks to this simple cocktail.
- Silver or Reposado Tequila
- Freshly squeezed lime juice (Store-bought varieties work too, but they do not give the same taste)
- Orange Liqueur
- Optional Ingredients:
- Agave or simple syrup to taste (or any other sweetener you prefer)
- Kosher salt to rim the glass
- Lime wedges for garnishing
- If you want to rim your glass, run a lime wedge across the edge, then dip it in kosher salt and run it across the edge once again.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur to a cocktail shaker. Throw in some ice cubes too!
- Shake well for about 10 seconds or until chilled.
- Add in sweetener to taste.
- Strain the margarita mixture over some ice cubes in your serving glass. Add the lime wedge and serve!
Have you ever had a vodka spritzer? If not, it’s time to try. They’re much more refreshing than beer and taste a lot like lemonade or grapefruit juice – just without all the sugar! A vodka spritzer is a classic cocktail that can be made with lemonade, sparkling water, or club soda. The ingredients are mixed together to form the refreshing drink, and it’s ready to serve in just minutes!
That’s not all. Vodka is a really healthy beverage because it has antioxidants in it from grapes, apples, or cranberries, which have been soaked up into alcohol over time to preserve them – so you can feel good about enjoying one of these on your next hot date; take my word for it!
Vodka Spritzer Recipe:
- Soda water
- Cranberry juice
- Simple syrup or any other sweetener
- Add the vodka and cranberry juice to a pitcher to make the marinade
- Add in simple syrup to taste to the marinade
- Marinate the sliced lemons and strawberries in this pitcher for over 30 minutes
- Take vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, and simple syrup and combine them in a pitcher. Add in some marinated fruit. You can even use your marinade in this step.
- Top with chilled soda water, gently stirs, and serve!
Red Sangria is a favorite among many people, and it tastes absolutely divine. Like all the colors of a sunset, red Sangria is so crisp and invigorating in its flavor. The tartness mixed with sweet fruit flavors fills me up as soon as it touches my tongue.
Sangria is a wine-based drink that has become popular in the United States, but it can be challenging to find people who know how to make it correctly. The traditional Spanish way of making Sangria isn’t as sweet and heavy with sugar as some versions here are– instead, there’s lots of nuance from fresh fruit and subtle flavorings. Bring out your next party guests’ adventurous side by serving them this exquisite recipe!
Sangrias all across America have been getting mixed reviews for being too sugary or watered down; however, what makes authentic Sangria really stand apart is its boldness paired with low sweetness levels balanced nicely through fruity flavors. Let us show you just the right drink recipe using our easy steps.
Red Sangria Recipe:
- Chopped and skinned apple (half)
- 1/2 skinned and chopped orange with seeds removed
- 3-4 tsp brown sugar or another sweetener to taste
- 3/4 cup orange juice or to taste
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 3/4 liter Spanish Red wine
- 1 cup ice
- Place the fruit and sugar into a large bowl and muddle gently for a minute.
- Pour in the orange juice and brandy and muddle again for half a minute.
- Pour in the red wine. Taste and adjust the flavor as you like.
- Stir well and add ice to chill.
Peach fizz is a refreshing drink with an explosion of sweet flavors. The best part about it, though, is the raspberries that give each sip just the right amount of tartness to balance out all those sugary peach juices! Not only is it delicious, but also it is thirst-quenching and refreshing. The addition of mint leaves, raspberries, or other fruit toppings makes it irresistible!
Peach Fizz is made by shaking berries with lime juice along with some sugar syrup until you get that perfect balance between sweet and sour; then add in fresh peaches for an extra burst of flavors as well as vitamins A & C. It is therefore not only delicious but also incredibly healthy.
Peach Fizz Recipe:
- Peach schnapps – 1 oz
- Vodka – 1 oz
- Lemon juice – 1 oz
- Gum syrup – 1/2 oz
- Soda water
- Rim a lemon slice over the edge of your glass. Dip the top of the glass in some salt to rim it.
- Put ice in a cocktail shaker
- Add the peach schnapps, vodka, lemon juice, and gum syrup over the ice
- SHake well!
- Pour into the glass you prepped with sugar
- Top with soda water and serve!
Best Non-alcoholic Refreshing Summer Drinks
Watermelon Limeade is a refreshing drink that will quench your thirst on those hot summer days. All-natural and made with fruit juice, watermelon, limes, and sugar syrup, it has fewer calories than the average soft drinks while still being sweet and mouth-watering! For someone whose favorite fruit is watermelon, watermelon limeade sure is a treat!
Watermelon Limeade Recipe:
- 4 cups cubed watermelon with seeds removed
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar or simple sweetener to taste
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Blend the watermelon cubes until they form a liquid. Strain the juice over a fine mesh into a bowl
- Add the lime juice and sugar into the watermelon juice. Stir well until all sugar dissolves. You can also use the simple syrup for convenience.
- Pour the mixture in a pitcher and chill until ready to serve
Strawberry Limeade is a scrumptious concoction that tastes like it’s raining in your mouth. Made with limes and strawberries, this natural refreshment will make even the grumpiest of personalities smile! The secret to delicious strawberry limeade lies within its ingredients: freshly squeezed limes and ripe strawberries are mixed for an all-natural beverage you can enjoy guilt-free any time of day or night. The sweet, fruity taste of strawberries and tangy lime perfectly compliments each other. Add in some sparkling water to create an even more refreshing sipping beverage that can be served any time of day!
Strawberry Limeade Recipe
- Half cup fresh strawberries )stems removed)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5 cups chilled water
- Simple syrup to taste
- Strawberry slices and lime wedges for garnishing
- Add strawberries and lime juice to a blender. Blend away!
- Put the blended mixture into a pitcher and add the water and simple syrup to taste. Taste and add syrup until it is as sweet as you require
- Add ice cubes to glasses and pour the mixture over the ice
- Garnish with lime wedges or strawberry slices (optional)
One sip of Dalgona Coffee, and you’ll be hooked. This coffee is creamy, smooth, not too strong or bitter; the perfect balance for a morning cup! The perfect blend of flavors creates the most delightful brew you’ll ever find in this town! Moreover, it is not just good; it’s gorgeous. You can see the milk and coffee cream swirl together, giving you a glimpse of what your first sip will soon taste like.
The mouthfeel and texture are also great with this one. If you are someone who finds comfort in more creamy drinks, then this beverage is definitely for you!
Dalton Coffee Recipe:
- Sugar to taste
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 tbsp. chilled water
- Milk, for serving
- Add sugar, instant coffee, and water to a bowl and start whisking. It is better to use a hand mixer than to do it manually. Keep whisking until the mixture turns silky and smooth., Whisk more until the mixture thickens and has a foamy texture. Doing this by hand will take at least 8 to 12 minutes of vigorous mixing.
- Put some ice cubes in a glass and pour milk over them to fill a glass three quarters to full.
- Scoop the creamy coffee mixture on top. Stir it gently before drinking
Do you ever want a drink that is all-natural but also absolutely delicious? Well, here it is! This tasty drink has a rich, fruity flavor that is perfect for hydration on hot afternoons. It contains many vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy as well!
Fruit punch tastes excellent with its sweet-tart flavors. Just one glass of this beverage will quench your thirst while providing lots of nutrients such as vitamin C, which can ward off illness during cold months or heat stroke in the summertime. The best part is how customizable this drink is. You can throw in any fruits you like and have it be unique and delicious.
Fruit Punch Recipe:
- Cranberry juice
- Pineapple juice
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ginger Ale/ soda water
- Simple syrup
- Slices of fresh fruit like strawberries, oranges for garnish
- Pour the cranberry, pineapple, orange, and lime juice into a pitcher and stir well.
- Add in simple syrup to taste
- Chill well
- Pour in glasses and top it off with either soda water or ginger ale
- Garnish with fresh fruit slices (optional)
Blueberry & Mint Iced Tea
Sweet and refreshing iced tea is a staple in the summer. The two flavors that are always popular on their own create a delicious mix here: blueberry, which has notes of sweet yet tangy berry flavor, and mint for an herbal spice with bright citrus overtones. The creative blend of blueberry and mint together creates an invigorating flavor that will refresh your taste buds after a long day at work or during this hot season. Making it yourself couldn’t be easier; just grab some fresh ingredients from your pantry!
Blueberry & Mint Iced Tea Recipe
- Five peppermint tea bags
- 5-ounce blueberries
- Sugar to taste
- Mint leaves
- Lemon slices
- Boil 500 ml water and pour it over the tea bags.
- let it steep for 5 minutes
- Put 5 oz blueberries with the sugar in a bowl and muddle them gently
- Remove tea bags and pour the tea over the blueberries
- Top up with 300 ml cold water
- Add ice to the mixture and chill before serving
- Garnish with fresh mint, lemon, and blueberry slices and serve!
Raspberry Lemonade Slushies
I love that raspberry-lemonade slushies are refreshing in the summer heat, easy to make at home (especially with just a few ingredients!), and freezer-friendly, so they’ll stay nice and cool well after it gets dark outside! They combine a sweet, tangy, and berry taste to create the perfect mix.
Raspberry Lemonade Slushies Recipe:
- 2 cup frozen Raspberries
- Two lemons juiced
- Simple syrup or sugar to taste
- Ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend away
- Add more ice for a more slushy texture
- Garnish with sliced raspberries and serve!
Frozen Apple Margarita
Blended drinks are always better than cocktails made on top of crushed ice because they stay colder longer thanks to their thicker consistency. The flavor also stays fresher since there’s no risk that your hands will melt some extra ice cubes in before you even get around sipping it. If this doesn’t sound good enough, then keep these things in mind: A single serving only has about 150 calories!
Frozen Apple Margarita Recipe:
- Salt, to serve
- 1/2 Lime
- 500 ml fresh apple juice
- 2 tsp grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sliced green apple
- Lime zest for garnish
- ice cubes to chill
- Run a lime wedge on the sides of the glasses. Then dip the glasses one by one in salt to rim them.
- Place everything except the apple slices and lemon zest into a blender. Blend away until a smooth mixture forms
- Pour evenly into glasses and garnish with apple slices and lemon zest.
The sweet and tangy taste of carrot lemonade is a refreshing drink for any time. The health benefits are great because it’s high in antioxidants, folate, vitamin, And potassium. Carrot Lemonade tastes delicious with its acidic tartness and citrusy refreshment that has an earthy sweetness coming from carrots. This drink has to be one of the most creative beverages. Who would’ve thought to put a vegetable in a lemonade!
Carrot Lemonade Recipe:
- 3/4 cups grated carrots
- Five lemons Juiced
- One orange juiced
- Sugar or simple syrup to taste
- Sparkling water
- Add the lemon juice, carrots, and sugar/syrup to a bowl. Let it sit for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture to get rid of the pulp
- For making the lemonade, add 25 to 50ml of this carrot mixture into a glass. Add some ice cubes and top it off with chilled sparkling water.
The summer can be brutal, but with these refreshing drinks to try, we hope you’ll stay cool and refreshed this season. From a strawberry lemonade recipe that’s perfect for the kids to an adult-friendly frozen margarita mix, we’ve got some great recipes for your hot days. Thank you for reading our blog post. We hope that your thirst has been quenched, and we encourage you to try these recipes at home, or even better yet, share them with a friend! Let us know in the comments if you tried any of these at home yet!