I hope you will agree with me when I say:
A café worthy French press coffee maker is an absolute blessing for a coffee lover!
Making great coffee drink has never been good without using the equipment. Have you heard about French Press? French press coffee has been growing in popularity over the past few years.
It is made by pressing ground coffee beans down into boiling water, which results in a thick, dark liquid that packs more flavor than regular drip coffee.
On the road to finding the best coffee bean grinder for the French press, we went through every kind of grinder available on the market.
Things to consider before purchasing a French press:
Several factors need to be considered before purchasing the ideal French press coffee maker. The list below shows a summary of the factors:
- Material: French presses are mainly constructed with either glass or stainless steel. Both have their different pros and cons. Glass breaks easily but is affordable. On the other hand, stainless-steel French presses are expensive but are more durable. Overall, a stainless-steel French press is ideal for beginners.
- Heat Capacity: This depends upon the material French press is constructed from. Stainless-steel French presses are better at retaining heat as compared to glass French presses.
- Size: French presses are available in numerous sizes. The size is measured in the number of cups as well ounces. Measuring the capacity of the French press in a number of ounces is more precise and accurate because every brand measures the size of a cup differently. Therefore, the number of cups measured keeps changing for each French press.
- Cleaning Process: Dishwasher-safe French presses are easier to clean than the other ones, which require cleaning by hand. Cleaning the French press is vital to achieving a perfect fresh coffee every time.
- Portability: If you are looking for a great travel French press, you should look out for its portability. A portable French press should not break easily. It should retain heat for a longer period to keep your coffee hot. In addition, it should be durable to withstand rough use.
- Warranty: This is one of the important factors. A guarantee ensures the quality and durability of the product. It builds the trust of the user.
For further details, have a look over the buying guide below.
Best French Presses
Here is a list of the top-rated best French presses available at Amazon and Etsy:
|Fellow Clara French Press||10/10 (Editor's Choice)|
|The Coffee Gator||8/10|
|Secura Stainless Steel||8/10|
|Bodum Brazil Coffee Maker||7/10|
|Ceramic French Press by JBMCoffeeCo.||7/10|
|Stylish French Press by AnatolianAuthentic||6/10|
1. Fellow Clara French Press
- Clara coffee maker is an ideal travel French press due to its portable size and excellent heat retention properties.
- Brewer comes will imprinted fill lines to help you perfectly measure your coffee grounds and water.
- The all-directional pour lid does not require you to align the spout with the lid every time before pouring out the coffee.
|✅Easiest to clean|
|✅Incredible brewing power|
2. ESPRO P3
- ESPRO P3 is the best French press coffee maker that offers almost grit-free coffee using its patented double microfilter.
- The filter does an excellent job of keeping water away from the coffee grounds to prevent a bitter flavor in the coffee.
- This superb French coffee press is made with 40% thicker glass to ensure better durability and enhanced heat retention.
|✅Easy to clean||❌ Brews a minimum of 24 oz coffee|
|✅Classic, elegant glass designed French press||❌ Glass container requires extra attention while removing it off|
|✅Delivers consistent flavor|
3. The Coffee Gator
- Coffee Gator has a double-walled, vacuum-sealed construction to enhance heat retention.
- Coffee Gator comes with a small arrow on the top of its plunger to help the users align the spout and lid together for a safe pour.
- It is made from high-quality stainless steel, which is 33% thicker and 20% heavier. It ensures the durability of the product.
|✅Easy to clean|
|✅Comes with a travel container|
4. Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker
- Cool touch handle and knob ensure safe pouring of the coffee.
- Secura stainless-steel coffee maker comes in an array of numerous colors, making it a great French press available for purchase on Amazon.
- It is fully insulated with double-wall construction. It keeps the coffee hot for up to 1 hour, according to the Secura stainless-steel French press reviews.
|✅Portable||❌ Lacks good insulation|
|✅Easy to clean||❌ Produces a scratching sound when pressing the plunger|
|✅Provides value for money|
5. Bodum Brazil Coffee Maker
- It does not make use of paper filters or plastic capsules, ensuring zero waste.
- Bodum Brazil has the capacity to brew 12 ounces, 34 ounces, or 51 ounces of coffee. The diversity makes it the best French press coffee maker for an individual and a family, according to its reviews.
- The stainless-steel filter mesh separates water from the coffee grounds after brewing stops.
|✅Affordable||❌ Flimsy plastic piece holding the screen onto the plunger stick|
|✅Comes in different colors and sizes|
6. Ceramic French Press with Hourglass White by JBMCoffeeCo.
Why do we love it?
- This ceramic French press has a lid made out of bamboo, which is eco-friendly. The overall body of the coffee maker is of stainless steel to ensure better heat retention and durability.
- French press comes with a built-in hourglass for the convenience of the user.
- The brand offers cashback in case you do not like the French press. Hence, purchase the item with complete confidence.
|✅Easy to clean||❌ Expensive|
7. Stylish French Press Coffee Maker by AnatolianAuthentic
Why do we love it?
- You can keep an eye on the level of brewed coffee through the high-quality glass beaker.
- French press coffee maker by AnatolianAuthentic is an aesthetically pleasing product that immediately grabs the attention of people.
- French press coffee maker by AnatolianAuthentic has a volume of 350 ml which makes almost 2 cups. Hence, it is an ideal use for a couple.
|✅Unique design||❌ Glass has higher chances to break than stainless-steel coffee makers|
|✅Easy to use and clean|
All the beautiful French presses work in the same way. Only a few things differentiate one from the other and make them stand out in the crowd.
We hope you would have gone through the list of best French presses on Amazon. If you are wondering which one to choose from, list down your requirements and follow along with the buying guide.
French presses are mainly constructed with two types of material – glass and stainless steel. You can find unique French presses made from ceramics too. However, we will not be discussing ceramic French presses below.
Typical glass French presses can be seen everywhere around the corner. These beautiful French presses are aesthetically pleasing and work great too. In addition, an ideal glass French press does not cost much. Glass French presses are affordable and light on the pocket.
The beaker of glass French presses is made from borosilicate, a type of glass that does not break easily. Hence, they are able to endure the heat from the coffee. However, glass has the tendency to break if it is strong. Therefore, glass French presses might require customers to replace their beakers often.
On the other hand, stainless steel French presses are more durable than other French presses available. These are expensive to purchase but save the replacement cost the glass beaker comes attached with. Hence, over time, the replacement cost of other French presses makes up to the cost of an expensive stainless steel French press.
The flavor of your coffee is not affected by the material of the French press. Hence, you can freely choose between the ideal stainless steel French press or the great glass French press.
The heat capacity of the French press depends upon its material. Every material has a different capacity to hold heat.
Glass can hold heat but not for a longer time. It is excellent for people looking for an ideal single-serve French press to pour out their coffee as soon as it gets ready.
However, check out the stainless-steel French press options if you are looking for a double wall or an insulated French press that can retain heat for a longer period.
Stainless steel French presses keep your coffee hot for a longer period and are incredible for traveling.
In addition, if you are looking to decant your coffee immediately after pressing, heat-retaining capabilities may not be essential for you. In this case, a glass French press would also work great.
French presses are available in several sizes to accommodate the requirements of customers. The sizes are mentioned in the number of cups as well as ounces.
The number of cups mentioned can provide a rough idea of the quantity of coffee you can make at an instance. Hence, if you live alone, you can purchase a single serving French press.
However, if you live with a family or share your room with a group of friends, opting for a larger size would be better.
Price and size are directly linked. Hence, when the size increases, the cost increases too. Therefore, it is better to purchase a French press that accommodates you completely. This can save you cost too.
The capacity of the French press is also mentioned in the number of ounces. This measurement is more precise and accurate than the number of cups mentioned.
This is because every brand has a different cup size, ranging from 4 ounces to 6 ounces. Therefore, the number of cups gets altered due to this underlying assumption.
For instance, a French press having a capacity of 32 ounces will give a rough estimate of 8 cups if the brand has a cup size of 4 ounces. Otherwise, a rough estimate of almost 5 cups will be given if the brand has a cup size of 6 ounces.
Lastly, make sure the French press allows you to make smaller batches. This will be quite beneficial for you as you can make larger and smaller batch sizes of coffee in the same French press.
Making coffee is not the only task you will have to perform. Cleaning the French press is equally essential. After removing the plunger, you must discard the used coffee grounds and then clean the French press.
Most French presses are dishwasher safe. This makes them easier to clean and speeds up the process. A clean French press enhances longevity and provides fresh coffee every time.
Are you planning to travel and cannot skip on your coffee? Taking your French press with you would be a great option. You need to have a unique French press that is ideal for traveling.
The perfect travel French press should be of a portable size. It should be easy to pack and travel with. In addition, it should be durable enough to withstand rough use.
A stainless-steel French press would be better for traveling as compared to a glass French press. The stainless-steel French press has a better capacity to hold heat, is more durable, and is portable.
Many users consider a warranty to be an important purchasing factor. A warranty ensures that the brand is providing a trustworthy product. It also ensures the durability and longevity of the product.
In addition, you can get the components replaced by the brand under warranty. Depending upon the brand’s policy, they might also provide a cashback in case you change your mind.
Hence, a warranty can benefit the users and might be an important purchasing factor for many.
Where to Buy a French Press Coffee Maker?
If you are wondering where to buy a French press coffee maker, check out Amazon and Etsy. We have shortlisted seven products for you from both of these websites. You can have a look over more products there.
We hope you must have enjoyed the article. We hope this article helps you in making the perfect decision. If you still have confusion, let us know in the comment section below.